Thursday, December 29, 2011

I did what?

December 29th 2011

       So a few days ago I found out that on January 1st my dad is going to "get healthy".  I prefer this term to "diet".  So I decided to challenge him.  The one of us who loses the biggest percentage of weight in six months has to give the other $100.   We will weigh in at his house January 1st at 10 a.m.  and then the first day of every other month there after. On July 1st we will have our final weigh in and determine the winner!
       Now, this is just the first step in my journey.  I have more than 200 pounds to lose.  My goal is to reach 135 to 140 pounds as a goal weight.  I do know this will be difficult. I am sure I will struggle with food choices, exercise, excuses and much more.  I know this as this has been my M.O. in the past. So I am creating this blog.
       My goal with creating this is to have to hold myself accountable for all the choices I have, am and will make. I do have a secondary goal as well, to share my journey with anyone who wants to read this, wants to be encouraged by it and/or who is struggling with the same issues.
       I know that if I can succeed in this then anyone can!
       I am still slightly amused, surprised, and (excited?) by this challenge. Heck, I could use an extra $100! So, to my dad, Good Luck and Bring it On!!!

1 comment: