Friday, December 30, 2011

Planning for my Journey

December 30th 2011

     Today I am planning for my weight loss journey.  I am setting up an exercise schedule, eating plan ( approximate times), strength training schedule, grocery lists, and meal plans for the next week.  I have found out, through a lot of yo-yo dieting, that having a plan and a goal makes success more likely.
     My first goal is to lose 5% of my body weight. I won't know this exact number until Sunday when we weigh in, but that is my starting goal.
     My plan for achieving this goal is to eat healthy and exercise. Duh right? This is not so easy to do when you have years of bad habits to break. I know I will have to limit the amount of time I spend on the computer, watching t.v., and reading as these things do not get me up and moving. I also know that I have to quit "grazing".  Snacking when you are not truly hungry is the fastest way to gain weight. I do this, probably more than even I realize. That has to stop.
     I have decided to reward my self when I reach my first goal. My reward? Weather permitting, a day at the park with my husband and daughter and a picnic lunch ( healthy, of course!).
     My plan for breaking my bad habits? One day at a time, one meal at a time, one snack at a time and one exercise at a time. There is no way to magically get rid of bad habits. I wish there was. This will not be easily fixed and I like to think I am prepared for that but I am realistic enough to know that there will be bad days and choices made. My solution to this is to just pick myself up and begin again. Never Give Up and Never Surrender.  Failure is NOT an Option.
     You only fail when you quit trying, and this time I am not going to fail. I have my reasons for succeeding. I Want to get healthy, I Want to be happy with myself and I Want to be able to go shopping for new clothes!
     So, back to my planning!  Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment