Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day Eight

     Day eight is now in my own personal history book. It has been a good day. I had healthy meals, my workouts increased in duration (again), and I spent the whole day with my husband and daughter. All in all, a good day.
     I did this week's grocery shopping already and made sure we have healthy snacks on hand. I also splurged and bought low-fat ice cream sandwiches. It is nice to be able to have dessert once in a while. My tip for grocery shopping is to never go on an empty stomach. Rash and fat filled purchases are made the most when we are hungry. Another tip is to write up a meal plan and write your grocery list for that with healthy snacks included and buy nothing that is not on your list. Even if you think you need something, you may find when you get home that it was not that important or necessary.
     By setting a plan up, I have avoided buying "crap". We have no soda or candy in the house. If you feel you have to buy things like chips or soda, buy the smallest single serve containers you can find. This way portion control is built in and you can still satisfy that craving without going overboard.
     I am finding that the hardest part of getting healthy is being more active. I will admit that up until January first my activity level, outside of the usual (cleaning house, raking leaves, etc), was non-existent. I am happy to be doing the workouts but feel so tired afterwards. I know that it just takes getting used too, but I am glad the work is hard, as I am learning to appreciate it more. If losing weight was easy, no would be overweight.
     I find, as the days go on, that I look forward to tomorrow. Every tomorrow. For I know this is one more day toward my goals. For everyone, who like me, that struggles to change bad habits into good ones, each of us is here for you. And each other. Encourage your friends in all good works, encourage your kids in all they do, and encourage your loved ones because you love them.
     "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13   
Have a great night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment